Adam and I have a Sunday night tradition: after cleaning up dinner we put on a movie and give each other massages. I almost always want a foot massage and Adam usually asks for a back and neck massage that we have somehow nicknamed the “surf and turf”. It’s something we each look forward to each week and it’s a treat for us both.
Since we’ve both just had birthdays, followed closely by the excitement of Christmas, we don’t give gifts for Valentine’s day, but I am looking forward to our weekly massage ritual. And while we usually skip the oil, I recently received this massage oil as a gift with purchase and it just might make our Sunday night tradition a little more festive. Here are a few more oils in case you’re looking for a gift for your loved one:
- We’ve actually used this body oil from Shea Moisture and it feels really light and never greasy. I like that is has natural ingredients and a warm scent. Bonus: you can also use it in the bath.
- This oil is has rosemary and lavender fragrances, which promote relaxation and tranquility.
- I like this drug store staple because of its lightweight formula and modest price. It absorbs quickly and is fragrance-free–good for sensitive skin.
- Sunflower seed oil and olive oil make this massage oil extra nourishing and moisturizing. Its warming properties help soothe tired or sore muscles.
- I love Herbivore Botanicals and will try pretty much anything they make. I’ve raved about their body oil before and this jasmine-scented one would be a lovely addition to foot rubbin’ night.
You can go all out here: candles, fresh flowers, and smooth tunes instead of a movie. It’s an easy way to celebrate Valentine’s day, or the everyday, with very little cost.
Do you like massages? They are one of my favorite indulgences.